Friday 27 January 2012

My first EVER FOTD

OK, so I did my makeup for fun and I thought, hey, that's cool, I should take a pic and to a Face of The Day pose, except I hated every every every picture of me, it was awful, here is the only one I took that I liked.


OK, its of my cat, who happened to be there while I was getting irritated by the fact that in the mirror, my makeup looked cool and I looked human, but as soon as I tried to take a picture my face, seemed to become completely out of proportion, my giant eyes even more so, my eyebrows at different heights (which I'm not so secretly sure they are) and also 1 eye bigger than the other, basically none of them did my makeup justice and it was all really pissing me off, so, I took a picture of the cat.

Here is a selection of the pictures I hated the least, although I still don't like any of them...



At least in the last one you can see my eye makeup is at least OK, seriously I swear it looks better in person...
Even as I look at those pictures now, I hate them more, I mean look at the size of my nose!  I was seriously [ ] this close to taking it all off, convinced it was shit.

The products I used:

Oh and a primer which I forgot to photograph.

Face
Stilla sheer colour in medium mixed with
FoA Mineral Therepy Illuminator: Angel Mist, which seemed too light so on top I put
Australis Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Tinted Moisturiser: light/medium

Cheeks
FoA Mineral Therepy Illuminator: Angel Blush
Australis Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Blush: Flash It

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Nyx Dramatic Chromatic Pigment: Pearly White
Illamasqua Powder Eyeshadow: Victim
Bourjois eyeshadow: 02
Essence Kajal Pencil: 11 Cool Breeze
Maybelline Lash Steiletto: Soft Black
Loreal Telescopic Mascara in Carbon black (I got this as part of a makeup swap with Amber from Glamtrotter, it is not available in Australia, as far as I'm aware)

Lips
Sheercover lip gloss- Pink Praline

And that's it, lots of eye makeup...I love it.  I don't however love trying to get a picture, maybe in future I'll just stick to EOTDs instead....


6 comments:

  1. So beautiful and bright! Thanks for posting it!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I was just about to delete this pose cos i'm still hating it a bit....but now I won't Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I typed up a huge response to this post, and I realised it was turning into a full-on article - so I'm going to write an article inspired by you!

    Nonetheless, congratulations on being brave enough to post your first FOTD - It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An article? can't wait!!!...And thanks, I've sort of come to a point where my love of makeup, and application of it and the desire to share that has outweighed the fear of a bad photo...its a good feeling. :)

      Delete
  4. You look great in these photos so I'm sure you look even better in real life. I especially love the middle one! And I love the bright blue eyes with your rosy cheeks and nude lips.

    I feel the same way about my FOTDs, but we all have to start somewhere. We're not models, makeup artists and photographers, but with these FOTDs we're trying to be all of that at once. One day we'll look back on our early FOTDs and marvel at how much we've improved our makeup, posing and photography skills!

    I'm looking forward to your next FOTD and maybe an entry in Makeup Utopia challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you! Such kind words, I'm determined to post a FOTD on Makeup Utopia at some point!!!

      Delete

Got something to add or share? New tip or trick? How about a joke?
We love comments!