Monday 24 September 2012

Project 100 Pan

Having seen a few people up to the challenge of a Project 100 Pan, I decided to join in...
There will be no purchasing of items until I am done (there are exceptions, please see 'The Rules')

Pan technically isn't a correct term as none of the products I've chosen have pans.

I've got a huge range in here from skincare, to haircare, makeup, wipes, everything...
I started to take group pictures to show you all, then I thought, 'Pfft I'm not listing allll this' so here is a shot of the lot.

I took this pic on my phone, its not bad, but it clearly shows you the task ahead... oh boy.  Some items are smaller than others, if that is the case I have grouped them to make one 'full size' item.

My Rules

  • If I use the last of a product and have no close alternative such as eye makeup remover, I can repurchase, I'm not putting myself at risk by using a random product not designed for the purpose, just to finish stuff i.e. no soap in the eyes!
  • Necessary items don't count- if I need tooth paste etc, I'm buying it.
  • Items for my pro-kit don't count, I refuse to have a sub-standard professional kit just because in my personal life I'm on a Project Pan.
  • Because of the timing of this, anything purchased at IMATS or during the weekend of IMATS doesn't count.
  • Obviously anything I have ordered prior to P100P does not count.
  • Prizes, giveaways and gifts DO NOT count.  There is a fairly significant chance that my birthday and possibly Christmas (seriously look at that pile) will fall during the PP and therfore I'm not turning my nose up at free goodies.
  • Where possible I will post empties, I'm new to keeping my empties, prior to the new house I just didn't have space, so sometimes through habit I chuck stuff out.
  • If something begins to give me a reaction, I will discontinue use, either palm it off on to give it to family members or friends, failing that I will consider it 'empty' I will not replace it in my 100 items. (it was hard enough to find 100)

In order to aid my task I have already unsubscribed from all e-mail shopping subscriptions, removed my credit card details from Paypal and announced to anyone who will listen and a few other who didn't, that I am doing this.......

I know there are a fair few of us currently doing P100P but I haven't linked them here because I can't remember who all is, and I didn't want to miss anyone out.  Please post links to your PP related posts in the comments.

Further to that, anyone got any advice? or simply think I can't do this...?

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is insane. I once set myself the challenge of 5 products and it was hard enough. Flip! I might challenge myself to 10 again soon though, 'cos I just have far too much stuff! I need to repurchase a couple of products first, however, because I refuse to live without them i.e. My Urban Decay Setting Spray and NARS Laguna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely they would count as items with no close alternative!
      Most of these are hair or skin care that I've started but didn't finish...

      Delete
  2. im not doing P100P at the moment (though i should) but i applaud you for your commitment lol. you are obviously v dedicated, even unsubscribing from email shopping etc. so GOOD LUCK! i think your off to a great start! Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with the new house I'm fast running out of space, I need to reclaim it. It's a waste to hae so mncy half used products go to waste...time to use them up.

      Delete
  3. Holy smokes! I don't think I even have 100 things to get though unless I was determined to finish up all of my lip products which is just crazy. Good luck! I would NEVER be able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had included makeup, I would be exactly the same, I have a few foundations in here and a bunch of mascaras, but most of it is skin care and hair stuff and a lot of it is things I got as GWP or in subscription boxes etc.

      Delete
  4. welcome, its now official!
    i really like your rules, very sensible.
    i didn't include my kit either.
    Good luck lovely & i cannot wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I had to have decent rules or I'd break immediately. I'm not worried I'll break my PP deliberately as much as I'll accidentally buy a shadow or whatever...

      Delete
  5. Nice sensible rules, I like it! Still looking forward to getting some worthy products at IMATS with you this weekend. What are those Clinique tubs down in the front of shot? *noseyparker*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO excited. There are a few things, 'moisture surge', 'Turnaround overnight' and eye stuff, I forget what its actually called!

      Delete
  6. I saw the title and automatically thought of this weekend and thought wow that is self control. Good rules to add, after all imats is only once a year! I really need to do this I have so many half empty products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually including this weekend as whole in my IMATS thing because, I am the worst packer EVER and I know I'll get to Sydney and realised I forgot something important and have to rush out and buy it.
      Also, I heard a rumour Illamasqua weren't going to be at IMATS but I need to replace a lipstick, so I might have to venture to a counter now!

      Delete
    2. Yeah I noticed they are now missing from the exhibitor list, sad face. They were actually one of the stands I was planning to do the most damage haha! I'd just write this weekend off!!

      Delete
  7. Wow you have so much stuff! Congrats on making the decision, I can't wait to read about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a lot fos tuff, its mostly things I've been given or tried adn didn't like much, hence the need to get rid of it!

      Delete
  8. Hmm, you've got me thinking I should really get cracking and try to get through some of the stuff I have piled up around here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jooooiiiiiiinnnnnnnn us!!! you know you want to, it't like a support group for cosmetics hoarders!

      Delete
  9. I am kind of shocked. 100 is a lot of items. In my life I don't think I have ever completely finished 100 items but it would be really interesting to see if I could do it. Perhaps when I am retired (that is when I have set everything to do that scares me too much now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, unless we are including shampoo and conditioner, maybe face wash, perhaps shower gel. I haven't eiter, it is a true fact that I have never finished a bottle of body lotion, yet, there is one in that lot...:S

      Delete

Got something to add or share? New tip or trick? How about a joke?
We love comments!