Saturday 13 October 2012

Depotting Essence Eye Shadows

The other day, I finally got some time to catch up on reading and I found this post on Starling Bright, stash posts and 'how to pack..' type posts are my ultimate favourites because I get great tips, this was no exception, I noticed that Sarah had depotted her Sugarpill shadows and they looked brilliant, I left a comment asking how hard it was, it wasn't, not at all, so after I had depotted all of my Sugarpill shadows, I started thinking about what other shadows I could depot- this usually happens when I depot shadows, and usually results in tantrums and broken product.  Not this time, this time I stumbled across something wonderful.

ESSENCE SHADOWS ARE THE EASIEST SHADOWS TO DEPOT EVER!!!

Here's what I did:
Working a long the same principle as any other shadow, I got my hair straightener  and some foil (I prefer baking paper, but seeing as how I hate baking, I don't own any) a pen, and an empty palette.  Some of the shadows I depotted needed magnets, but some did not, so it's handy to have some anyway.


Turn the straightener on, place the foil over the plate and the shadow on the foil:


Let it sit there for a minute of two and then take it off to peel the label off:

Place the shadow back on the straightener and wait another minute or so, take it off and use the pen, poke thought the hole in the back of the packaging- you'll see it clearly, there are actually 2.

The shadow will come loose:

Stick the label on the back:

And put it in a palette:


In true craft show style, here's one I prepared earlier:
Once the shadows are out of their original packaging, I think you'll agree they look really pretty.  From cheap to chic in a few easy steps.
How do you depot? Do you depot, or do you prefer all your shadows as individuals?

8 comments:

  1. Looks great! Have you depotted MAC ones? I am getting a palette soon and, although I've ordered some pan shadows, I have a couple of potted ones..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I did it so I could claim the bac2mac, they're much the same principle but a weel bit tricket because you have to gouge the plactic bit out of the whole container, there are heaps of tutes online about how to do it!

      Delete
  2. woohoo! I can't wait to go thru all my essence shadows and fill up a palette. I've done MAC before and all was well, and this looks much easier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO much easier, I'm super excited because I think the quality of Essence shadows is brilliant but the packaging lets them down, plus, if I'm doing makeup on someone else, opening and closing 4 pots just bugs me!

      Delete
  3. I love that they put the holes in the back to make them easier to pop out, I'm going to have to depot my Essence ones as well since they never get used in their current form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is a shame beacause they really are good shadows!

      Delete
  4. I have been considering picking up a few of these, so happy to hear they are super easy to depan!

    Your newest follower
    http://www.jessiswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super easy! Don't let the little price tag fool you, these shadows are great quality.

      Delete

Got something to add or share? New tip or trick? How about a joke?
We love comments!